Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer blues

So...I still need money. I have none, and therefore I cant fully enjoy my last summer before law school. I wanted to go to a piano bar yesterday, but I don't have enough to pay cover charge or order my rediscovered love of apple martinis. The little money I did have had to go to paying the security deposit for my apartment, paying off my undergrad account so my transcripts can get sent to my law school before orientation, and other miscellaneous yet important stuff. I wish I could sit around on the beach drinking coronas like other 0Ls. I wouldn't have enough gas money to even get to the beach, let alone buy a single Corona. This sucks

My regular job is a substitute teacher, and while I am available to work this summer, California is in a "slight" (being sarcastic) budget crisis, so kids who need extra help during the summer are basically assed out. Only certain high schools have summer school...and only students who need summer classes to graduate high school can take classes. While I am bummed that his equals no pay for me over the summer, I am quite concerned about the kids. Why are the children amongst the first to receive the brunt of Cali's mess?? First overcrowding of classrooms, teacher's meager salaries, and now no summer school....Can the children ever come FIRST every once and a while??

I've looked for employment, but cant find any. I applied for unemployment, but it's taking FOREVER to get here! Probably cause they don't have any money to give me. They'll probably issue me an IOU like they're doing for tax returns. What the heck am I supposed to do with an IOU? Go to McDonald's and say, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." I mean, wtf??

So I'm about to shout out Kel so that I can get a free book to help me prep for law school. See, I cant even afford to freakin buy law prep books (I was only able to score Law School Confidential back in April when I had a little $), so I am reduced to this. Have pity on me Kel!! ;-(

So to any 0L's reading my blog (yeah...that means I'm just talking to myself...), here's where you can find the details to scoring 0L prep books: Giveaway #1

Thanks Kel for your generosity!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment