Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random


I just found out my dad used to date  one of Joe Jackson's mistresses. Very random and a bit disturbing. (No, this is not my dad's ex-girlfriend in the photo, but I googled "Joe Jackson and his mistress" and this is all I could find.)

This lady used my dad and ran up his credit....Her and Joe will make a great couple! 

Back to law school related news, I am getting VERY nervous. At first I was so excited to be changing my scenery and moving across the country, but now....

Is it too late to change my mind? What would I do out here? Live in my parent's house with their thousands of kids (ok, only 3 and 1 other kid who is always over here) and teach the jr high ragamuffins? I don't think so.

I've been wanting to go to law school and become an attorney for a long time. I believe that one of my best talents are my reasoning, analyzing, and problem solving skills. So why not go into a profession that will hone in on my natural abilities? Lawyering seems like a great option for me. 

I think it's less being scared of law school than it is being away from family, friends, and the city that I've lived in for 25 years. This is all I know. Now I'm officially going to be on my own. On the other side of the country. Don't get me wrong, I really like the law school that I will be attending in less than a month (geesh!!) and I believe it will have the best opportunities for my budding law career but maybe I should've applied to more schools a bit closer to home.  

Oh well, there's no looking back now. Okay, I take that back, I actually can look back and stop this whole process, and apply for next year's admission into a closer school.   ( Long Pause.)   Yeah, that's not happening though. I'm ready right now.  I'm not patient. I know I'll get over my moving jitters and be fine.  I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this. I'm about to read some other blawgs to give me some comfort. Blawgs like A (Non) Token Minority who just made Law Review! Congrats! You inspire me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so I just typed this long comment and it deleted itself! BOO! Okay I'll try this again...

    When I was going through the application process, I chose schools that were all 20+ hours away from my hometown thinking that I would need to be away from all the creature comforts of home to do well. I didn't even apply to W&M until I had 10 acceptances in hand. Now I'm going to a school that's 45 mins away from the hospital and city in which I was born and raised. A part of me wishes that I had been adventurous in my choices as I long to be able to experience something new and not rely on the crutches of family and friends just because I'm "home sick"...you know, be a big girl lol.

    In any case, I say all of that to say this... No matter what you would've chosen (staying in Cali or coming to the East Coast) you would've wondered what it would've been like to do the opposite. Take faith that you made the right decision and that everything will work out for you in the end.

    If you're ever in VA or near me for some sort of trip or something, hit me up :)

    P.S. I'm TERRIFIED of Monday, August 17, 2009. I get all nervous and butterfly stomached just thinking about it! ;) So you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm as excited about your upcoming adventure as I am nervous about my own.

    ReplyDelete