Friday, July 31, 2009

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Can't wait to get up outta here! Only 10 days until I catch my flight to Law School City!

Notice that I have a more positive outlook on law school than I did last week? I'm certain my change in attitude has somewhat to do with the CLEO Attitude Is Essential law seminar I attended this past weekend. CLEO is a non-profit section of the American Bar Association whose mission is to help minority and economically disadvantaged pre-law and law students become successful attorneys.

Not only did the 3-day long program help quell my fears of law school classes by having real professors from Berkley, UNLV, Howard, and others conduct mock law classes using the Socratic method (shout out to Professor Green for making EVERYONE get up and speak during her class!), but I met other friendly 0L students going to my law school.

I'm so relieved that law students aren't all super snooty and oozing competitiveness from their pores like I thought they might. Of course, the school year hasn't started yet, so my thinking might be premature, but I doubt it. They arranged for us to sit at tables where we met students going to law schools in our region and they were all super nice too. I will definitely be keeping in touch with them in case I ever need a refuge from my law school atmosphere. Also good for comparing outlines from different percpectives.

I concede with all my 0L peers about CLEO's advice for law school success. If you want to know some of the advice given, you can look at Mama Milla's and A Lupie Law Student's entries about CLEO because 1) they pretty much cover it and 2) I'm too lazy right now to list it (I still have 16 more days to be lazy, so leave me be!)

When I think about law school, I still get a little queasy. But at least I have "ginger ale" aka CLEO to calm my stomach! Thanks CLEO, keep up the good work. You can definitely count on me to give back to this wonderful program!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you're feeling better about it all. I always say that a positive attitude will take you far. :) Good luck with the move and let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete