Friday, October 2, 2009

Darn it!!

Okay, so I'm in Torts and I answered a pretty good question...so I'm thinking, okay, I'm out the woods of being called on...
Oh but no. I get called on. But its not like I didn't do the reading for class, its just that I totally mixed up and wasnt clear on the facts of a certain case. I got it so wrong, and I am so freaking embarrassed...I guess reading cases and trying your best to understand them isn't good enough.

Most law students say the embarrassment goes away quickly because no one really remembers your flub. Is this true?? I feel like running away and don't anyone in my section dare try to look me in the eyes. Total humiliation. Brutal...

2 comments:

  1. It happens to us all at some point. It's true that people won't remember your off day into perpetuity. I KNOW that people in my section had really, REALLY bad performances in class over the course of 1L. I don't remember one of them. I remember the comments that made us laugh and I remember out of control gunnering, but I don't remember other peoples' embarrassment.
    :) Treat yourself to some coffee or something and once the cup is empty forget about it! (this is my strategy for many life situations...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you...the second time I got called on this semester my brain froze. It was a case that I'd read before and previously felt confident about, but with my prof. badgering me with questions, that went away.
    Annd two days afterwards one of my classmates was like, "oh, you're the one who got called on" yep. that was me. thanks for remembering.
    But alas, in time, other folks will mess up and all will be forgotten. Keep your head up and look them in the eye!

    ReplyDelete