Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dont know how you all do it...

I really have no idea how these law students can update their blogs almost everyday. I feel like I am surrounded by so many WORDS ALL THE TIME, that I loathe having to write more WORDS. Even if they are my personal words...I'm just not feeling WORDS after Property and Civ Pro... Regular blawgers, my hat goes off to you!

On law school: I've been in law school for almost a month now and I can officially say that...it's aiight!! I'm (finally) actually digging the classes (even Civ Pro now that I have some canned briefs to help me along!). I think they are very interesting, although it amazes me how complex the whole "thinking like a lawyer" thing is (it's like whoa, prof, how the heck did you get there? and WHY?). I know that once I am able to think like a lawyer, I'll be okay...but will I ever get there?? It looks dubious right now. But I suppose it will come.

On life: If I knew I'd be so lonely here, I definitely would have opted for a roommate. I am a very friendly person and have no trouble finding friends. But in law school, this has really tripped me up. I'm like is it because I'm a few years older than many of my 1L classmates? Is it because I'm not super outgoing? Is it because my hair is in a natural hairstyle? What is it? But alas, thank goodness for blawgs, I follow Lipgloss and she is experiencing exactly the same as me. At least I'm not alone in feeling this way. Maybe it is best to stay in your hometown when going to law school...
But its not like I have NO friends. There is a girl in my section who I am cool with and we exchange tidbits of what is going on for student organizations we are (kind of) involved in. We bitch about property and the like together, but...I dont feel like we could be great friends. There's not that...spark! I also have another friend who lives downstairs from me, but after she blew me off twice when I invited her to watch Housewives of Atlanta with me, I'm just not really feeling her either (she said she loves the show and I love the show, so.....??)
However, there is light at the end of the tunnel: I met a girl at a bowling night of one of the student organizations and she seems really cool. She is one of the more laid back ones and I like that. I cant be around stressed out people too much. The 2 and 3Ls are more laid back as well, thats probably why I click with them better also; probably could click better if we had some of the same classes together, but oh well. So me and my new friend ventured out on the town this past weekend, and I had a blast. We both bitched about how people were way too uptight and punished themselves for having any fun. I have a feeling she will be a good roll out buddy for when I need a much needed break. But we'll see...don't want to get too excited about the potential friendship and scare the girl away.

So that's that for now...I have a love/hate relationship with words right now, so we'll see when I'll be updating this blog again. Hopefully I will rekindle with my love of words one day!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! Actually if you're digging Civ Pro, then you are doing *fabulously*! It took me a while to "warm up" to my classmates as well; finding the laidback ones can be a challenge, but it'll happen...look around for raised-eyebrow/rolling eye reactions when the gunners in your section shoot their hands up. You'll get a feel for the like-minded souls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on everything you've said. Except that I don't live near any of my classmates. I am a commuter so it has been especially hard for me to feel a *spark* with anyone. Everyone is pretty nice, and we chit chat while in class, but it's not like we eat lunch together. In a way, I am actually glad because lunch is the only time I get to get away from talking about the law (except of course when I have some reading to finish).I'm sure it will eventually happen for both of us.

    Also, I don't necessarily blawg everyday, but I do atleast 3 times a week. To me it is a stress reliever. A chance to bitch and moan about all the things Im not able to bitch and moan about out loud. The represent my study breaks.
    Good luck anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely how I felt after a while of being in law school. It will always be a love/hate relationship!

    ReplyDelete