Friday, April 17, 2009

Welcome!

I used to have a blog, but it's quite old and I haven't blogged on it for 4+ years. I decided it was time for a new, fresh start. So don't ask me to include a link to my old one because I won't. Not like anyone is reading my first post, so I don't know who I was talking to with that last statement...

The main goal of this blog is to get my thoughts out, my frustrations and my concerns. Which I am sure I will have many of this next year as I enter into my first year of law school this fall. I am excited, even though I don't know which school I am going to as of yet, I am in the middle of my "cycle" (no, not that one! Eww!), the process of applying to and hearing back from law schools for the upcoming school year. I have heard back from one school that I am immensely interested in and they are giving me scholarship money! I know--awesome! But there are a couple of schools I might consider before this one if I get in. We will see and I will keep you updated (yeah, that was to my non existent audience, too;-) ).

Hopefully the choice in the title of my blog is more evident now, seeing as how I will be diving head first into the abyss of law studies. While I hope to regain my balance of work and play during my second year of law school, I realize from countless blogs, books, and articles of law student experiences my first year is THEE most crucial year of a student's 3 years. Your grades determine your 1st summer position and placement on law reviews/journals, which determines your 2nd summer position, where you are the most considered for job placement after graduation. I have so many freakin loans from undergrad, graduate, and now law school that I can't not have a well, WELL paying job coming out the gate. That's an impossibility (and that's probably not a word, but whatever). Therefore I MUST be a little unbalanced my first year (which is against my nature as a Libra). However, I endured it studying for the LSAT, so I have faith I can do it again and be successful. So here's to Eat, Pray, and Study (and not in that order...at all...but all quite important) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment